- Al Jazeera in English
- from the Qatari Satellite Channel, gives Arab world news.
- Alternative sources of commentary on current events - see its article
on the false statements of the US President.
- "America's last real newspaper."
"The so-called 'mainstream' media is very
much a closed shop and only those willing to do the bidding of the global
power elite need apply."
- Finding clarity in the 21st century media
complex. Wide-ranging analysis and commentary.
- Daily headlines and breaking news.
Wide-ranging. Links to major newspapers and alternative sources.
Dreams - News Center
- Breaking News and Views for the Progressive
- An alternative news site. "We bring out
what the mainstream media fails to tell you, or hides from you."
Supporting struggles for economic, political, social, cultural, gender,
environmental ….. justice and peace.
- "America's best political
newsletter" has many brief articles by well known correspondents.
- Wide ranging comment and information.
- The state of play in all the most significant
situations of conflict or potential conflict around the world.
- Democracy Now! is a national, daily,
independent, award-winning news program airing on over 450 stations in North
- An independent political newsletter that comes
out only in cyberspace once every few weeks. The Free Arab Voice is
critical, analytical, unconventional, and is run completely by volunteers.
Its "Iraqi Resistance Reports" are most informative.
Green Left Weekly
- A useful Australian site for anti-war analysis.
- Guardian newspaper
- has an article
with a huge list of links to organisations.
- an independent media outlet for views and
artistic expression which are currently not being represented by our
corporate media. Areas of focus: Under Reported,
Environmental, Philosophical and Independent Artist. This is needed as
the corporate media monopoly controls the majority of what we see and
- An independent media organisation.
- The Sydney version has Australian information
- An independent media source.
for War and Peace Reporting
- IWPR strengthens local journalism in areas of
conflict. By training reporters, facilitating dialogue and providing
reliable information, it supports peace, democracy and development in
societies undergoing crisis and change.
- of the IWPR has up-to-date reporting.
- of the IWPR is a daily survey of the main
stories in Iraq's newspapers
- current news
- From the UN Web site.
war - concerns
- A very informative site on the of a war against Iraq.
- Presenting "a unified and lively Islam
that keeps up with modern times in all areas. Our motto is: credibility and
Mond Diplomatique - English edition
- On-line English version of the French
- set up
to "correct for the distorted vision of the corporate media".
- " ... where truth prevails."
Wide-ranging articles and evaluation of issues and behaviour of the Media.
Polya's article as an example.
- Diverse news, information and comment about
the Middle East.
- Reports and evaluation from a US military
Internationalist - magazine and on-line ethical shopping
- The people, the ideas, the activity for global
- "An online magazine and policy portal. We
are an independent media voice, delivering accessible, informed comment on
significant issues in Australia and abroad." Originally ALP-stimulated.
Emphasises a Human Rights Act campaign.
- Publishes informed opinions about what's best
for Australia's future. An e-journal of social and political debate.
Earth and Justice News (PEJ)
- This free email and web service provides news,
opinion and analysis of peace, environment (earth) and justice issues. PEJ
News is produced entirely by volunteers of the non-profit Prometheus
Institute, Victoria, Canada.
C Koehler - of Tribune Media Services.
- Chicago-based journalist and
- An informed commentator on the Middle
- A Tasmanian forum of discussion and dissent -
a cheeky, irreverent challenge to the mass media's obsession with
popularity, superficiality and celebrity.
- A privately held news media company, centred
in New York. An
independent voice in print and on the web. Covers Australia and the
Pacific region, with special interest in China.
- a Jewish magazine, an interfaith movement
- Progressive Jewish thinking on a wide range of
issues, including the Middle East.
- A regular antidote to the mainstream media. A
project of the Nation
- Washington-based commonsense insight and
action for the progressive community. Highlighting the news, ideas and
actions that you need to stay fully informed. A project of the Institute for
- A wide ranging resource on issues of the
- What the corporate media don't want you to
an interesting evaluation
of 9/11 reporting and associated events.
- Activism and politics in Latin America.
- An informative Italian (+ English) site of
information from and about occupied Iraq.
- Viewpoints at
- An up to date source of commentary.
- what the world thinks about America: excerpts
and translations from the world's press.
- A large and diverse compilation of informative
links. Updated daily. Its purpose is "... to expose deceptions by
governments and media used to trick the public into wars and out of their
- An online news/opinion publication offering its readers unconventional viewpoints from which to observe current events, and to encourage new thinking about the causes and effects of those events.
community of people committed to social change. It has a wide range of
commentary, including on Iraq. It has an e-mail newsletter.
"A multinational team of facilitators agreed to by leaders of the major
Iraqi communities is what the Iraqis need to take possession of their own land
and resources." - Richard
E Rubenstein argues for withdrawal of US forces from Iraq - 20 August